Thursday, March 31, 2022

Let's get creative... critical reflection

For my CCR, I have decided that I am just going to make it very casual and make it as interesting as possible. I will be sitting there talking about information, but I am trying to make the information more digestible and make it seem like I am catching up a friend on my project. I am also going to include different pieces of media throughout the video to break up the "talking head" appearance. I will include clips from coming of age films, or other films featuring Deaf characters. I am also planning on creating graphics that I will also include throughout. My main concern is that I don't want this to be a boring video. 

Therefore, I will try and break up the presenting of information by showing the clips and making small jokes. For the graphics, I will try and make them interesting by showing off some of my personality in them. At the beginning of the CCR, I am planning of signing a sentence before I start speaking. This will hopefully hook the audience and make them interested in my video. For my little title cards between segments, I am going to include pictures of what the words would look like finger spelled. I am hoping these little characteristics will make my CCR seem interesting and not just be a boring video that a person is counting down until the end of the video. 


This is obviously just my name, but this is just an example of what I am planning to do for each of the title cards in between the segments. I think it looks cool and it also relates my CCR back to my film opening in a creative way. 

I have not completely finished my script for the CCR but I would say that I am like 3/4 of the way done. It is not a traditional script, it is more just a collection of my information that I will be saying. Instead of writing in the normal script format, I just wrote the information in paragraph form. This is just the information that will be spoken, but I am planning on added a lot of visual media. I am going to finish up the script in class tomorrow, but here is what I have so far: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birdcage

This is it guys! We have officially reached the end of the project! With no further ado, here is my film opening "Birdcage". Hope ...