Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Music Marketing Blog Post #2

 The first part of this project was to brainstorm different ideas for how to market our band and song. We selected the song "Something from Nothing" by the Foo Fighters because we felt that the song had the most potential and overall just sounded the best to us. From there, we conducted research on other bands and artists that fall under the rock genre of music, these include Arctic Monkeys, Green Day, and Kings of Leon. 

The next step of the process was the plan out the music video and shoot it. We decided to do a mostly promotional music video with some storytelling elements throughout. We chose a promotional music video since we are a small band that is still trying to get their name out into the world. From our research, we also saw that other bands in the genre typically had promotional style music videos. We created the storyboard for the video and then we met up one day to film the music video. Filming went very well and we got all of our clips so we began editing the video.

Next, we focused on the actual promotional part of our marketing campaign. We decided to focus mainly on social media because our target audience was teenagers and young adults, and this is where the audience seems to spend a majority of their time. We decided to start off with just an Instagram account and a Twitter page. The Instagram account gave us the ability to make a more personal connection with the band's fans. The band would interact with their fans and have different special events to influence more interaction. The Twitter page was more informational and this was where the band would share upcoming information for the band. They would talk about upcoming music videos, new album, and tour dates. We plan for the band to join more platforms at they get more popular. 

As part of our marketing plan we decided to release a new album that was titled "The Ruthless". We thought that the self title was a very interesting thing and made the band stand out. Also, the band is still trying to become more well known and promote the band itself, so having a album under the same name would be much easier to promote. As well as an album, the band has clothing apparel and other branded merchandise. Merchandise is important because it allows the fans to feel more connected to their favorite band or artist and make them feel like they are helping to support them. Last part of the campaign was a small tour with three locations where the band would perform their new song and album. The smaller venues make sense for an upcoming band and makes the whole experience feel more personal for the fans.

The presentation went fairly well for the most part. All of the necessary information about the band and their marketing campaign was provided and spoken about in the presentation. My group did a good job of taking turns and adding any more information if they felt there was anything else needed. Personally, I think I needed to work on my public speaking. I get very nervous when speaking in front of a lot of people so I started messing up some words, but I think overall I managed to present my information in a professional way. 

In the end, I think this project was very fun and I enjoyed putting it all together to see the final outcome. I worked in a group with people I did not know but we quickly became friends with each other and worked very well together. I think I learned from this project that working with new people is not as scary as I once believed and that this will be something I will continue to do in my future. I also learned how to be a respectful group partner and complete my work in a professional manner. Aspects I am taking from this project for my Cambridge portfolio is to put a lot of effort and though into my project so that I am proud of what the final outcome will be. I will definitely take all of the positive things I learned from this project and adapt so that my Cambridge portfolio project is the best it can be!



Title slide from presentation with name of band and tagline.





Album cover for "The Ruthless"





Clothing and other branded items for fans






Tour dates and locations.




Music Video:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Birdcage

This is it guys! We have officially reached the end of the project! With no further ado, here is my film opening "Birdcage". Hope ...