Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Music is Key

We still have not 100 percent decided on a genre for our opening but we have cut it down once again to either a horror movie or a coming of age film. However, we are heavily leaning towards doing a coming of age film because we have more interest in these types of movies. We have been talking about different ideas for potential plots and we had way more for a coming of age. We believe that we can do something more creative with this genre and that it will be easier since we can relate to the typical target audience of these films since we are teenagers. 

In all of my ideas and pitches for the plot of our opening, I noticed that a special focus on music was present in all of them. I think music stuck out to me because it is a common tool used in these types of movies. My idea is to have the main character listening to music through their headphones and then they get disturbed by something and the music stops. This will show that the music was synchronous and actually existed in the character's world and I think it will be pretty cool. For some reason, when thinking of this music idea I think of the opening scene of Guardians of the Galaxy where Starlord is dancing to the music that he is playing on his walkman. 



Above is the scene that I was referring to. I just love this scene so much and it is very appealing to me for some reason. I will update you guys when the details become more finalized! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birdcage

This is it guys! We have officially reached the end of the project! With no further ado, here is my film opening "Birdcage". Hope ...